Source: ?Gulf News?, 10 February 2006
A reader asks: “I am a medical doctor working in the
Answer by Salah Mohammad Kamal Al Bakri of Advocates Without Frontiers.
No, you cannot go around this requirement. An expatriate may open a clinic in the UAE. The procedures are as follows:
– UAE national to set up a national service agent.
– Authentication of the applicant's certificates through diplomatic channels.
– A passport copy plus four photographs of the applicant.
– Not less than four years' experience in the applicant's home country.
– Registration certificates of the applicant from the medical council/association in his/her country.
– Dh200 in application fees (prescribed fees are subject to change).
– The applicant must undergo an interview.
– All foreign documents must be duly notarised, authenticated through diplomatic channels.
– Approval of the Department of Health and Medical Services.