A new platform has been established with the purpose of connecting and mobilizing the Armenian youth, reaching out to the different Diaspora communities, particularly the small ones, bonding them to each other and with Armenia.
The platform aims at linking Armenians from different orientations, generations, and cultures.
A DiasporAram announcement identifies that “the Diaspora is governed, if we may call it as such, by local organizations, disparate by nature, which for some have national and international affiliations. The multitude of political, cultural, religious and philanthropic organizations which govern the Diaspora, some partisan and often competing with one another, operate in most cases with no proper or sustainable funding”.
After extensive consultation with Diaspora intellectuals, activists, and leaders, DiasporArm is coming forward with the following proposal: “To establish a global, well-financed organization, emanating from the people, which will coordinate the Diaspora strategy and actions, make use of the significant available inactive resources, support new initiatives and optimize existing efforts.”
This can be pursued through an individual membership base with an emphasis on recruiting non-active community members. It will be funded by its members, who will democratically elect a board of directors, and have transparency by publishing the financial reports. DiasporArm will cooperate with global and local organizations with similar objectives.
The announcement ends with a call to “those who have faith, are respectful, who hierarchize the Armenian interests above the partisan and personal to join, support and participate in building up DiasporArm.”
See the DiasporArm presentation interview in Armenian on YouTube here.
Link to the newly launched website: www.diasporarm.org
- Identify and mobilize the significant available inactive resources of the Diaspora, create bridges and interactions among different Diaspora communities as well as with the Homeland, revealing the existence and importance of each community, even the tiny ones. Revealing the existence and importance of each community, even the tiny ones.
- Create wealth by using networks, by linking individuals and enterprises
- Give the Diaspora a coordinated direction, create synergy among the active forces within the Diaspora to optimize results,
- Contribute to the economic development of Armenians in the Diaspora and the Homeland,
- Undertake communication, education, and inspiration, to make our heritage and Homeland a subject of pride,
- Defend the Armenian interests around the world,
- Promote and support the advancement of cultural growth,
8․ Address social issues of concern, such as homes for the elderly, social welfare, facilitation of repatriation,
- Contribute to the security of Armenia and Artsakh.